Friday, January 7, 2011

My New Life As A Fake Adult

So, it's a New Year.  What's changed? Well, nothing yet, but I'm hoping for the best.

I'm a freshman at college......what I like to call the "Bittersweet, Beautiful Nightmare" that is my life right now.  The freedom, friends, and new places, are the Beauty of it all.  The work, bills, too much on my plate, and Midnight calls to Mommy "I just can't do this, I want to come home," are what I like to call The Nightmare portion of my new life.

It's been 4 months, and I've made great friends, and lost some too.  It's a crazy journey that I'm going to stumble through, and I think I'm ready.....I guess. lol.

Now back to me being a fake adult.  I'm at college, living on my own, making my own decisions, living the so-called "Dream," so to speak.  But I've come to realize that I, regardless of the legality of my adulthood,  am a child. I like to say "I'm an adult now *whine whine whine* I can run my own life now *whine whine whine*  so stop telling me I need to buckle down Mom! *whine whine whine* By the way....what's for dinner? Meatloaf again!?!? *whine whine whine*" I'm still being taken care of, I'm not on my own, and I can barely make a doctors appointment, yet I, and many others like me, think that we are real adults.

All of these new responsibilities, and I've still not gotten a handle on it yet. Despite these things, I'm still trying to prove myself, to myself. Will I succeed? Eventually. Will it be soon? Probably not. But that's the silver lining to this new revelation of fake adulthood, regardless of my helplessness now, I will aspire to what I want to be, because tomorrow....is a new day!

Oh P.S......when I become a real adult, you'll be the first to know! I'll keep you Posted!!

3 comments:

  1. Just to put it out there I am the fist person to follow your blog :) Also, your great Abb and you can do anything you set your mind too!!! Believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place!

    Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't waste time trying to be an adult. If it happens, it happens...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree w/ Ashley! I'm still trying to be an adult as well...oh wait, maybe that is trying to be a kid, since I became an adult at age 16?!?! LOL Either way, it's confusing but we exist and can just do the best we can do, and keep going :)
    As far as I can tell, you are doing an AMAZING job and have the perfect family to help you along! <3

    ReplyDelete