Friday, August 26, 2011

Tick-Tock

Outrageous Hiatus. My bad. 

I'm too stressed to blog....It's really that bad, even blogging won't help.

I'm super sick...Missing recruitment is heartbreaking.

I wrote a poem....it helped. Not sure why, but it did.

Tick-Tock,
The clock chimes 8.
Shifts only half over...
I'll be getting off late.

4:50 AM, chills up my spine.
So quiet...so eerie...
everyone still asleep.
Heavy lids and lead feet.
Only God could get me there on time.

Day in, Day out,
Never enough hours.
More.  More!!  MORE!!!
Keep saving up...saving up.
-But why? For what?
Because...well, for..
-Nothing. A life with no point,
a life with lost purpose.

Day in, Day out,
a dangerous game we play,
So caught up,
we lose ourselves along the way.
What point then? None.
None at all.

When the Future's all you Live for...
you're not Living at all.

*********************

I'd like feedback. Please comment.











4 comments:

  1. Awesome dude! Didn't know you wrote =] good stuff for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @Random Recordings!!! :D Do I know you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the very last part of your poem. Leaves a taste in your mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete